Wednesday 29 August 2012

28th August - ethnographic museum

Today Jennifer, Martin and I decided to go out early rather than facing the heat of the day.  We went to the Ethnographic Museum, which I had spotted on Sunday on my way to the cathedral.  It was small but gave a very interesting overview of the different ethnic groups in Sudan, both African and Arab.  My favourite exhibit was a magnificent war drum made out of a single piece of wood in the shape of a cow. Afterwards we walked slowly back to the flat, stopping for lunch on our way.

In the afternoon, Rami came to fetch Martin and me to look for compatible dongles.  I brought my laptop with me so we could make sure it worked with my computer.  To my joy, we found one on a very reasonably priced package, giving unlimited use for the next three months.

No comments:

Post a Comment